IAAPA requires its members to observe a code of conduct outlining responsibilities:
- To maintain safety as the highest priority in their businesses and to comply with all applicable standards, laws, and regulations.
- To provide clean, wholesome, and safe entertainment for their guests, maintaining the highest standards in quality and service.
- To conduct their businesses on the highest plane of integrity, honesty, and social responsibility.
- To foster and maintain a spirit of cooperation and fair dealing for buyers and sellers, maintaining the principles of confidentiality, intellectual property protection, and agreed contractual terms.
- To establish and maintain cordial and respectful relations with their fellow members worldwide.